Make a Gift in Three Easy Steps
Beneficiary Designations Are Easy and Flexible
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The 3 Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide
It only takes three, simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name Baystate Health Foundation as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, commercial annuity administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you choose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their will or estate. You may use any of the following assets in a beneficiary designation:
See How It Works
Here's a Potential Scenario
George treasures the financial support he’s been able to provide his two nephews and the Baystate Health over the years. Now that his nephews are grown and flourishing in their own careers, George revisited his estate plan so it could work harder for the people and causes he loves. He updated his will to leave stocks and real estate to his nephews. And he designated his IRA to be gifted to Baystate Health upon his death. If George had left his IRA to his nephews, one third of it would have gone to pay federal income taxes—a heavy tax burden. Because Baystate Health is tax-exempt, his entire IRA gift goes to caring for patients. His gift will establish the George Smith Endowed Fund for Patient Care at Baystate Wing Hospital, generating meaningful support for years to come. George is happy knowing he found a tax-wise way to provide for his family and Baystate Health, a community resource he loves.
Make Sure You Have a Plan for All Your AssetsDownload our FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit
- Contact Kylie Johnson at 413-794-7789 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can support the future vitality of Baystate Health.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- When you name Baystate Health in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Baystate Health Foundation, Inc.
Legal Address: 759 Chestnut Street, Springfield, MA 01199
Mailing Address: 280 Chestnut Street, Springfield, MA 01199
Federal Tax ID Number: 04-3549011
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in examples are for hypothetical purposes only and are subject to change. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results. Annuities are subject to regulation by the State of California. Payments under such agreements, however, are not protected or otherwise guaranteed by any government agency or the California Life and Health Insurance Guarantee Association. A charitable gift annuity is not regulated by the Oklahoma Insurance Department and is not protected by a guaranty association affiliated with the Oklahoma Insurance Department. Charitable gift annuities are not regulated by and are not under the jurisdiction of the South Dakota Division of Insurance.